RE: SYSTEM tablespace full after upgrade

From: Toth, Istvan 5 (GE Money) <"Toth,>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:40:59 +0100

Hello Joel,

Thank you for your answer.
The problem is, that i cannot add datafile to SYSTEM, because the database doesn't start. I can mount the database, but at this phase, cannot add, resize datafile, and cannot modify storage parameter (AUTOEXTEND).
I created an SR on metalink, and get an answer "no hope", if my database doesn't start, the only way is to restore and re-upgrade. No hidden parameter or event to avoid this.

	Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 3:48 PM
	To: Toth, Istvan 5 (GE Money);
	Subject: RE: SYSTEM tablespace full after upgrade

	If you were able to add a datafile, then you have space.   I
suspect the old oracle 8 Data Dictionary is still allocating space.

        The table could be at the max number of extents. If you could try and change it to max extents unlimited, the only caveat I have with that is that you shouldn't have to play with sys owned objects. Others can weigh in on that.

        You have upgrade instructions and met all the pre upgrade requirements? Your going from directly to is this a multi step. (rhetorical question, not related to issue).

	Joel Patterson
	Database Administrator
	904 727-2546

[] On Behalf Of Toth, Istvan 5 (GE
	Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 8:42 AM
	Subject: SYSTEM tablespace full after upgrade

	Hello list,

	After upgraded 81740 to 102030 the SYSTEM tablespace get full,
and after the first restart i cannot start database with this error message.
	Errors in file /mis/bbmis/admin/udump/tkarora_ora_7155.trc:
	ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
	ORA-01653: unable to extend table SYS.FIXED_OBJ$ by 2 in
tablespace SYSTEM
	Error 604 happened during db open, shutting down database
	USER: terminating instance due to error 604
	Instance terminated by USER, pid = 7155
	ORA-1092 signalled during: alter database open...

	I tried resize, add datafile and set up autoextend  in mount
state, but doesn't work. I made a backup before the upgrade, but i try to avoid the long tape recovery process.

        Any idea?

        Thanks in advance.