RE: Q: VPD - how we can see full sql after the policy

From: Amihay Gonen <Amihay.Gonen_at_ecitele.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 09:03:23 +0200

Thanks . It will help here .

From: Karen Funston [mailto:Karen.Funston_at_is.mines.edu] Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2009 8:00 PM
To: toon.koppelaars_at_rulegen.com; Amihay Gonen Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org; Tali Poliak Subject: RE: Q: VPD - how we can see full sql after the policy

I just noticed your post and there's a query that I use to view the predicate that may help your developer:

select substr(sql_text,1,25) sql_text,

     predicate,
     policy,
     object_name,
     s.sql_id

  from v$sqlarea s, v$vpd_policy
  where hash_value = sql_hash;

Karen

Karen Funston
Information Services
Colorado School of Mines
Phone 303.384.2476
Fax 303.273.3093

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Toon Koppelaars Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 2:20 AM To: Amihay.Gonen_at_ecitele.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org; Tali Poliak Subject: Re: Q: VPD - how we can see full sql after the policy Standard sql trace will not show what VPD added to your SQL queries. You would need to set event 10730 to get a trace file showing what VPD added.

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Amihay Gonen <Amihay.Gonen_at_ecitele.com<mailto:Amihay.Gonen_at_ecitele.com>> wrote:

Hi all,

One of our developers , ask me if there is someone to see the changed sql after VPD policy.

She need that for debug propose. I guess using sql-trace can be an option , but this can be difficult since we've connection pooling + shared server.

Any idea ?

--

Toon Koppelaars
RuleGen BV

(co)Author: "Applied Mathematics for Database Professionals"

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sun Mar 08 2009 - 01:03:23 CST

Original text of this message