Re: Another Iicensing conundrum

From: Amar Kumar Padhi <amar.padhi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 10:28:28 +0400 (GST)

-original message-
 Re: Another Iicensing conundrum
From: "Mike Haddon" <m.haddon_at_tx.rr.com> Date: 06-03-2009 06:42

We are in the same boat - we have an old legacy product and a new product. Both on Oracle 10gR2. My boss decided not to continue our support on the legacy box and Oracle said we had to cancel all of our licenses if we did not maintain like support levels on all licenses. I did some research on our contract and it specifically says that all subsets of the license had to be maintained at the same support level. The caveat is that the license agreement says IF you choose to have support.

So what my boss and I take from that is that we drop support on all of our licenses or maintain support on all of our licenses. It makes sense as Metalink access still available for a single support license.

What our question is now is that if Oracle wants to push the issue we will just drop all support which willl bring up the issue that we are paid thru August for the support on the license we wanted to maintain. Think they will give us a refund?

Mike