one node's public interface failed to reach after VIPCA running, network issue or others?

From: bao jiejie <baojiejie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 10:02:50 +0800

Hi experts,

I have a quite strange RAC installation these days.

Network team provide us a bond configure of several physical network cards as a logical network interface working as a public network interface(also working as a virtual network interface ).

But after clusterware installation and VIPCA running finished, one of my six nodes can not be reached by others by
SSH , I am not sure why, any one have similar issues before? can I get an advice ?

[oracle_at_Production42]ssh Production41
ssh: connect to host Production41 port 22: Network is unreachable
[oracle_at_Production42]$ ssh Production41p -- while connecting using private
network interface , it looks fine.
[oracle_at_Production41]

The strange thing is that VIP,CRS, CSS services all running successfully on those nodes, even the one which can not be reached by others.

IS that something wrong with this Network configure issues ??? I can not come to conclusion why ...

here is the logs while the error happening :

CSS is active on these nodes.

    Production39
    Production40
    Production41
    Production42
    Production55
    Production56
CSS is active on all nodes.
Oracle CRS stack installed and running under init(1M) Running vipca(silent) for configuring nodeapps

Creating VIP application resource on (6) nodes.......
Creating GSD application resource on (6) nodes.......
Creating ONS application resource on (6) nodes.......
Starting VIP application resource on (6) nodes.......
Starting GSD application resource on (6) nodes.......
Starting ONS application resource on (6) nodes.......

Done.
Running config commands from cloning on first node Production39

Performing post-checks for cluster services setup

Checking node reachability...
Node reachability check failed from node "Production39". Check failed on nodes:

    Production41

WARNING:
These nodes cannot be reached:

    Production41
Verification will proceed with nodes:

    Production56,Production55,Production42,Production40,Production39

Checking user equivalence...
User equivalence check passed for user "oracle".

Checking Cluster manager integrity...

Checking CSS daemon...
Daemon status check passed for "CSS daemon".

Cluster manager integrity check passed.

Checking cluster integrity...

Cluster integrity check passed

Checking OCR integrity...

Checking the absence of a non-clustered configuration... All nodes free of non-clustered, local-only configurations.

Uniqueness check for OCR device passed.

Checking the version of OCR...
OCR of correct Version "2" exists.

Checking data integrity of OCR...
Data integrity check for OCR passed.

OCR integrity check passed.

Checking CRS integrity...

Checking daemon liveness...
Liveness check passed for "CRS daemon".

Checking daemon liveness...
Liveness check passed for "CSS daemon".

Checking daemon liveness...
Liveness check passed for "EVM daemon".

Checking CRS health...
CRS health check passed.

CRS integrity check passed.

Checking node application existence...

WARNING:
These nodes cannot be reached:

    Production41
Verification will proceed with nodes:

    Production39,Production40,Production42,Production55,Production56 Checking existence of VIP node application (required) Check passed.

Checking existence of ONS node application (optional) Check passed.

Checking existence of GSD node application (optional) Check passed.

--

Best regards,
Yours sincerely House
baojiejie_at_gmail.com