Re: standby database

From: Andrey Goryunov <goryunov.oracle.l_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 22:05:41 +1100

I found it in 7.3.4 documentation:

"Survivability
In the event of a power failure, hardware failure, or any other system-interrupting disaster, Oracle7 release 7.3 offers the standby database feature. The standby database is intended for sites where survivability and disaster recovery are of paramount importance.

For information about creating and maintaining a standby database, see the Oracle7 Server Administrator's Guide."

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/A57673_01/DOC/server/doc/SCN73/ch22.htm#surv

--
Regards,
Andrey Goryunov