Re: Creating Grid backup jobs through a script

From: Ian Cary <ian.cary_at_ons.gsi.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 09:40:39 +0000

It works fine for me although I am using 10.2.0.4

Cheers,

Ian

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           rjoralist_at_society.se|
|         |           rvebeer.com         |
|         |           Sent by:            |
|         |           oracle-l-bounce_at_free|
|         |           lists.org           |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           02/03/2009 15:38    |
|         |           Please respond to   |
|         |           rjoralist           |
|         |                               |
|---------+------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       oracle-l_at_freelists.org                                                                       |
  |       cc:                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: Creating Grid backup jobs through a script                                               |

Hey Ian,

"Create Like" is not supported (i.e. will not work) for RMAN jobs in OEM. At least not in 10.2.0.3.0. Same for "Copy To Library", so John's more right than he realizes when saying that it's very labor intensive.

One can't even *modify* an existing job, AFAIK. The only way I've found to do it is to drop it and recreate it.

So why doesn't THAT little tidbit show up on the independant evaluations of GC?

Someone please prove me wrong. I need to "modify" one GC backup today. If I didn't have a DB on Winders, I'd have used cron across the board (no, I'm not installing/supporting Unix Services or CygWin for just one production server).

Rich

> When you say creating a job using a script I assume you have an issue
with
> using the Job Library and "Create Like" - is there a rason why?
>
> I expect using a script you could update the Grid repository directly
but
> I'm fairly sure you would be unsupported if you did. Having said that our
> security policy here requires all passwords to be changed every 90 days
so
> I have written a script that updates the preferred credentials directly
> when this happens - changing them for over 50 databases is not something
> want to do manually.

> Cheers,

> Ian

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government
Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in
partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) In
case of problems, please call your organisation’s IT Helpdesk.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or
recorded for legal purposes.

For the latest data on the economy and society consult National Statistics at http://www.statistics.gov.uk

Please Note:  Incoming and outgoing email messages are routinely monitored for compliance with our policy on the use of electronic communications

Legal Disclaimer  :  Any views expressed by the sender of this message are not necessarily those of the Office for National Statistics

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.
†Ûiÿü0ÁúÞzX¬¶Ê+ƒün– {ú+iÉ^