Re: support on 10G R2

From: Allan Nelson <>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 10:59:55 -0600

We are on Oracle E-Business suite and so we have seen the other side of lifetime support:
  1. Don't find any new bugs, Oracle will not be patching them
  2. Don't stop on the wrong version of apps because not every apps version will have the same upgrade options. ( and support an upgrade to 10gR2, but if you are on you are stuck with 10gR1)
  3. Lots of patches for E-Business suite are not back ported. So you wind up doing an E-Business suite upgrade to get rid of performance or function bugs. Not a small thing.

So at best for us the Oracle lifetime support policy has been of strictly limited utility.

Allan Nelson