RE: rman errors

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 12:06:48 -0500

What Tanel wrote, plus, a common reason for the patched binary(ies) to not actually get slapped into place is if another instance on that node is running the same binary (or one of the tools is being executed while the relink is supposed to happen). Less common is an improperly killed process still having a file handle on the executable that you're trying to replace. I would think your logs from patching would show the failure, but looking at the date last modified for the files in your "oracle" bins and library might also be useful.