Re: determining bind values in deadlock situations

From: Jared Still <>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:56:43 -0800

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Barun, Vlado <> wrote:

> Environment: RAC/ASM on Solaris 10
> Iím trying to find an efficient way to get the bind values for statements
> that are involved in a deadlock situation.

Maybe I am just being particularly dense today, but I can't think of why you would need bind variables to resolve a deadlock.

The ORA-60 deadlock is caused by an application error, typically two different parts of an application causing a deadly embrace by trying to lock the same tables, but in different orders.

The trace file generated by the ORA-60 contains the SQL and the rowid's of the affected rows.

Is there something I am missing?

Jared Still