Re: ORA-00018 issues

From: Maureen English <sxmte_at_email.alaska.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 13:44:36 -0900

Thank you all for your helpful insights. I've not completely solved our problem, but I think I'm getting close.

These jdbc connections use connection pooling. They are shared server connections. We set SHARE_SERVER_SESSIONS to 5 in our smaller databases, unless the users tell us that they are using shared server connections. Yes, I know this is another one of those parameters that we only want to set if we *really* want to limit the number of shared server connections.

It seems that the consultant's job needed at least 12 shared server connections.... We'll see what happens next.

  • Maureen