Re: Oracle11g in Production??

From: Alpern, David <David.Alpern_at_airclic.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:09:11 -0500

Chandra,

We've been running two 11.1.0.6 RAC clusters on 64-bit Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.2 in production for almost six months. One is a moderately high volume OLTP type environment with a very high uptime requirement and the other a ~1.25 TB reporting/datawarehouse environment. While we have encountered some intermittent, documented bugs, we've found the release to be quite stable overall.

Support and MetaLink documentation is much, much better than 12-18 months ago when we first started testing 11.1 when it was rather meager. Considering that alone, it's a good thing you waited until now to deploy 11.

We haven't applied patches to any of the homes and currently investigating rolling upgrade to 11.1.0.7 using a transient logical standby.