RE: upgrade from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.4

From: Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_RoswellPark.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:33:41 -0500

Yes, test went smoothly. I upgraded and then applied the CPU patches for Jan2009. Nary a glitch. Of course now I'm afraid of Prod and Dev because you know it will go horribly wrong.......

ciao,

Brian

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Kerber Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:18 AM To: dbvision_at_iinet.net.au
Cc: oracle list
Subject: Re: upgrade from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.4

Been there. Done that. rehearsals on dev and qa environments from 8i to 9i went perfectly. When we went to production, if it could go wrong it did. We told the microsoft support guys to disable automatic updates on pc's involved in the operation. They forgot. PC's were bounced while running catupgrd. it went down hill from there. An operation that took less than 4 hours in test and qa took 36 hours in production. Might have helped if the boss had listened to me when I told him we need to abort, rollback, and reschedule.

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au> wrote:

        Zelli, Brian wrote,on my timestamp of 25/02/2009 12:37 AM:

                I've sifted thru the metalink note 553812.1 and then it pointed me to

                550739.1 which then points me to another couple of notes. Is there

                someone who went thru this and can just give me the freakin cliff notes

                on it? I tired to follow the scripts but it keeps getting confusing.

	And remember: this is one of the latest releases.
	May your Gods spare you from a full upgrade from
	older releases...

	But it all runs fine in Powerpoint

	--

	Cheers