RE: Questions about TDE

From: Barun, Vlado <>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 21:14:36 -0500

FYI, don't forget to turn of AWR/ASH otherwise you are not really completely encrypting your sensitive data in the database, and SYSAUX does not support tablespace level TDE either (as of 3/2008).

Vlado Barun, M.Sc.
Sr. Manager, Database Engineering and Operations Jewelry Television
Mobile: 865 335 7652

From: [] On Behalf Of harshan eppuram Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 7:17 PM
To: oracle list
Subject: Questions about TDE

Hi All,

We are implementing TDE(Transidential Data Encryption) on a solaris box 10gr2 RAC ASM for one of client which is a Bank. We are facing following two issues. This is a 4 TDB database.

  1. Joining between encrypted and no encrypted table's columns are not working.
  2. Encryption process is taking too much of time say 5 days ( We first created tables with out encryption loaded data and then modified the columns to be encrpted)

Let me know if anybody come accross such sitiuation.

Thanks and Regards

Harshan Eppurath