Questions about TDE

From: harshan eppuram <>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 05:46:39 +0530

Hi All,

We are implementing TDE(Transidential Data Encryption) on a solaris box 10gr2 RAC ASM for one of client which is a Bank. We are facing following two issues. This is a 4 TDB database.

  1. Joining between encrypted and no encrypted table's columns are not working.
  2. Encryption process is taking too much of time say 5 days ( We first created tables with out encryption loaded data and then modified the columns to be encrpted)

Let me know if anybody come accross such sitiuation.

Thanks and Regards

Harshan Eppurath