RE: OS Information from Database

From: Powell, Mark D <>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:26:58 -0500

If you are using ASM to manage your disks then yes there are a slew of ASM views that you can use like v$asm_diskgroup. See the Oracle version# Reference manual.
  • Mark D Powell -- Phone (313) 592-5148

	Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 3:15 PM
	To: oracle list
	Subject: OS Information from Database

	Hey folks,

	I know there is the V$OSSTAT view where you can see the current
state of the OS, but is there a view where you can see the state of the disk drives (as in capacity, % full or bytes used vs bytes total) from the db? I've got a feeling that there isn't, but I'd figured that I would check.

        Thanks in advance!

        P Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.