Antwort: RE: Oracle11g in Production??

From: Martin Klier <>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 08:18:03 +0100

> We have using for over 6 months with no issues. Pretty
> stable. There is one db throwing this 3137 error, however with no
> impact. We use this release for tablespace encryption and the total
> recall feature.
> Can you please share how is this error effecting you?

Yes, no problem. First of all, the error occurs rather often, once an hour in average. It creates a trace file, and in one of two cases a core dump immediately afterwards. This alone would just be annoying, but having the error in the application logs as well (our application has to ctach the error and re-run the statement) makes the customer complain. That's "all", but that's not what I'd describe as "stable", mostly because Oracle can't explain why this one happens and why fixes this.

I agree, that this is nothing compared with some neat 10g bugs in the start phase of that version, but I don't like it at all.

> > I just wanted to check to see if anyone out there have implemented
> > Oracle11g in production yet and what the feedback is. I did a search
> > but couldn’t find this information.
> One of our customers runs on AIX53L 64bit for a while now, it
> seems to be rather stable. But in combination with Oracle JDBC (of
> Version 11g and 10g) it seems to be buggy in somne way, ORA-03137: TTC
> PROTOCOL INTERNAL ERROR : [12333] will make an update to
> mandatory in the next days. Oracle Support does not know the reason, but
> reports are that it's fixed in .7
> In my special case, ADDM advisor tasks have been affected as well.
> Regards
> Martin Klier
> --
> Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Martin Klieri0zX+n{+i^ Received on Mon Feb 23 2009 - 01:18:03 CST

Original text of this message