RE: 10g R2 Oracle Net Configuration- Problem during 2 node RAC installation on RHEL 5

From: Chandra Pabba <Chandra_Pabba_at_verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 23:55:29 -0600

Check if ML Note: 387396.1 helps.

Thanks

Chandra

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Shastry(DBA)
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 2:56 PM
To: FMHabash
Cc: Yavor Ivanov; oracle-l; ora-apps-dba_at_freelists.org; avadhanimys_at_gmail.com
Subject: Re: 10g R2 Oracle Net Configuration- Problem during 2 node RAC installation on RHEL 5

Thanks all,

I was able to proceed with VIPCA and NETCA configuration successfully, but stuck with the below error while running DBCA

ORA-27504: IPC error creating OSD context
ORA-27300: OS system dependent operation:skgxpcini failed with status: 0
ORA-27301: OS failure message: Error 0
ORA-27302: failure occurred at: past_inmemor

Please let me know if anyone has any workarounds as metalink didnt show up some light :(.

Thanks,

Ann

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 8:33 PM, FMHabash <fmhabash_at_gmail.com> wrote:

I've run into a similar issue because our env has multiple OH owned by different users. Trying to add one VIP dependent resource onto another home caused this error.
We fixed it by running crs-setperm resource-name -u user:oracle:rwx

Please refer to note 3584146.8.

Thank you