RE: RAC and ASM - Standard vs. Enterprise Edition install process ?

From: Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:19:52 -0500

Well, the blog I found just advised installing SE in a new Oracle home, creating a new instance, and then exp/imp to migrate data. That's not really any different that what I plan to do, but might reduce the downtime. There is some additional info on transportable tablespacesyou  can move them from EE to SE, but not from SE to EE.

http://oracledbasupport.co.uk/2008/03/12/steps-to-convert-enterprise-edi tion-to-standard-downgrade/

From: Dan Norris [mailto:dannorris_at_dannorris.com] Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 11:54 AM To: Crisler, Jon
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: RAC and ASM - Standard vs. Enterprise Edition install process ?

Apparently, my memory isn't so good these days. Thanks for the tip. Guess you know how to proceed from here then.

Dan

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com> wrote:

We only use Oracle's CRS for RAC. I did run across a Metalink note about migrating a db from EE to SE, and the only supported way was export, deinstall / reinstall software, recreate db and import the data. I found somebody else on the net that did it using a far more complex method but they indicated that there were still some issues to be worked out.