RE: 8.17. on Win2000?

From: D'Hooge Freek <>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 23:35:20 +0100

You can find this information on the certify tab on 8i is supported on windows 2000 32bit (not 64bit), but if I look at the notes it states that has been withdrawn (without stating a reason). or should work

Freek D'Hooge
Oracle Database Administrator
tel. +32 (0)3 451 23 82

From: [] On Behalf Of Eugene Pipko [] Sent: 19 February 2009 18:58
To: ''
Subject: 8.17. on Win2000?

Hi all,
Could you please tell me If oracle can be installed on Win 2000 or where I can lookup that information? I tried installing it, but installer (gui) wonít start. I googled it and found that I have to rename symcjit.dll That didnít work either.

Eugene Pipko
Seattle Pacific Industries
office: 253.872.5243
cell: 206.304.7726