Re: What am I missing?

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 15:46:32 -0600

Bill,

Make sure your sqlnet.ora files are the same on dev vs the other environment you're testing. I'm not positive, but those libraries seem like they might have to do with advanced security (like Kerberos, etc) and your sqlnet.ora settings might cause them to be invoked (or not).

Not a complete guess (BAAG!), but not an absolute certain solution either. I don't think that CONNECT is treated the same as other commands, so it is possible that WHENEVER somehow triggers a code path that would cause the parameters in sqlnet.ora to be employed whereas CONNECT may not (that's a bit more of a guess, though).

Dan