Oracle http server errors

From: Don Morse <dmorse2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 11:41:57 -0800 (PST)

To List:

Has anyone seen similar "mismatch" errors in Oracle http server error logs:

mod_plsql: /prodlinuxss/bwckctlg.p_display_courses HTTP-404 \nbwckctlg.p_display_courses: SIGNATURE (parameter names) MISMATCH\nVARIABLES IN FORM NOT IN PROCEDURE: \nNON-DEFAULT VARIABLES IN PROCEDURE NOT IN FORM: TERM_IN,SEL_SUBJ,SEL_LEVL,SEL_SCHD,SEL_COLL,SEL_DIVS,SEL_DEPT,SEL_ATTR\n

Product is Oracle App Server 10.1.2.0.2 with mod_plsql.

The PLSQL DAD connector logs into 10.2.0.3 Database on RedHat. HTTP server is also RedHat. The error has also occurred on a previous AIX server, so does not seem to be platform-related. However until recently, the quantity of errors was always very small during high-activity spikes.

Recently, during the semi-annual annual web registration (students at a university registering for next semester's classes), the error appeared > 700 times in the Apache log. Http server was unable to send the requests to the database because of the volume of errors, and everything came to a crawl. I have now turned keepalive off, previously was set on. However, for quite some time, keepalive set to "on" worked just fine. I'm unsure why something that worked so well for 5 years suddenly came crashing down.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have!

Don M