Re: DBMS_REFRESH and Redo-Logging

From: Jakub Wartak <vnulllists_at_pcnet.com.pl>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:39:34 +0100

Dnia poniedziaƂek, 16 lutego 2009 13:06, Jan-Hendrik.Boll_at_dataport.de napisaƂ:
> i've got a mv created with nologging-clause on 10204. This view is
> regularly refreshed completly using dbms_refresh.refresh.

Perhaps you should try to use MV logs on MV-base tables. I hardly remember numbers, but complete refresh of static table took 5MB of redo (for ~0.75MB table) without indexes, the same full/complete refresh with MV logs on base table took only 12kB of redo (table was static during both measures). This assumes of course that base tables are mostly static...

--
Jakub Wartak
http://vnull.pcnet.com.pl