Re: DBMS_REFRESH and Redo-Logging

From: Jakub Wartak <>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:39:34 +0100

Dnia poniedziaƂek, 16 lutego 2009 13:06, napisaƂ:
> i've got a mv created with nologging-clause on 10204. This view is
> regularly refreshed completly using dbms_refresh.refresh.

Perhaps you should try to use MV logs on MV-base tables. I hardly remember numbers, but complete refresh of static table took 5MB of redo (for ~0.75MB table) without indexes, the same full/complete refresh with MV logs on base table took only 12kB of redo (table was static during both measures). This assumes of course that base tables are mostly static...

Jakub Wartak