Anyone run across Bug 6503543 Suboptimal plan due to bad cardinality estimate for RANGE join predicates

From: Charles Schultz <>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 08:11:37 -0600

Good day, list,

I was doing some tuning on a VPD view (a view that calls tables with FGAC policies) and the 10053 trace exhibited a gigantic index selectivity that surprised me. Curious if anyone else had run across this. I usually check out Jonathan Lewis's ScratchPad and look for notes from Richard Foote, Alberto Dell'Era, Greg Rahn and many others, but so far I have not seen that anyone hit this (of course, I was using google, so....). I am using a database, for which the bug is specifically filed, supposedly fixed in

For those that like more information:

Charles Schultz
Sent from: Champaign Illinois United States.