RE: Oracle Performance on Sunfire T2000

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:01:05 -0700

I have no experience with RAC, however from what you, me and lots of others are experiencing with the T-series boxes, I'd be very reluctant to use them for anything unless you've tested thoroughly to make sure it can perform well with the real-life load you plan to run on it. Also, I would think that you'd generally want to keep your hardware pretty similar in a RAC cluster unless you can partition the users/applications/connections such that your larger, single-threaded, CPU-intensive activity stays on the v1280s and only small queries/transactions that are not latency sensitive are executed on the T5240.

Regards,
Brandon