Re: Oracle Job Scheduling

From: Nigel Thomas <>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 18:09:30 +0000

You could also show them the init.ora parameter *JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES*, and the scheduler attribute *max_job_slave_processes*:

"If JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES is 0, DBMS_JOB is disabled, and the maximum number of job slave processes for Scheduler is controlled by the max_job_slave_processes Scheduler attribute." See the 11g documentation<> .

It might also help to show them that noone has been granted the various scheduler

Regards Nigel