** commit or rollback - diff

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 13:31:40 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

    If I have not done a dml transaction in a session : no update,
delete or insert etc. I have only done select and some of the objects can be over a db link. So I can do a commit or rollback so that no transaction is pending in my session. My question is : is there any difference in such case between the behaviour of commit and rollback. When there is no data as such to commit or rollback.  I am thinking it is better to do rollback since it has to do less. Am I wrong. Any observation. Thanks for help. Thanks