RE: account keeps locking

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <"Mercadante,>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:50:28 -0500

Brian,

Check the "Lock Account on failed logon" parameter for the Default profile. Oracle 10 defaults to 10 tries. Somebody is trying to log in using that account and failing and locking the account.

I've seen Grid Agent do this when I have not configured it properly (supplied the correct password).

Tom

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Zelli, Brian Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 11:41 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: account keeps locking

We have a user account that keeps locking. I have the default profile set so there are no constraints on the account. When I look at it with OEM it tells me that it is LOCKED(TIMED). Is it timing out for some reason?

ciao,

Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.