RE: Oracle on Windows

From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:26:17 -0500

Your databases may be using spfile instead of initSID.ora file. Please check and modify it by using alter system set processes=xxxx scope=spfile;

and then bounce the database.

Please check for %ORACLE_HOME%/database directory for spfile*.

Regards
Rafiq

Subject: Oracle on WindowsDate: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:21:33 -0500From: Brian.Zelli_at_RoswellPark.orgTo: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

We have an 3 instances of 10g on a windows server. I needed to change the number of processes. So I edited the init file, changed the processes, saved it and then bounced the instance. When I do a v$parameter on processes, I still get the old number. What the heck is wrong? Do I have to stop the service at all? Restart it before I bring up the database? I did set the sid for that instance before I logged in.

ciao,
Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.

Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_AE_Faster_022009