RE: Does the Rman Catalog hold tape volume names?

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <"Mercadante,>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:40:04 -0500

David,

That is what we've discovered here also. The number stored in the "Media" column is not related to any tapes in the tape system.

Thanks for the reply.

Tom

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of David Barbour Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 10:54 AM To: kevin.lidh_at_gmail.com
Cc: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR); Allen, Brandon; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: Does the Rman Catalog hold tape volume names?

Currently, I'm using RMAN with AX/TSM. I can categorically state the number in the media column IS NOT the tape number. I've actually run through this with Tivoli Support.