RE: Oracle on Windows question

From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:36:46 -0500

Please try to set all three parameters and try again.

set ORACLE_SID=
set LOCAL= (check alis in tnsnames.ora file) set ORACLE_HOME=

It appears to be permission issue as well while try to writing to listener.log file. Is the same user id starting other databases as well?

Regards
Rafiq

Subject: Oracle on Windows questionDate: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:42:05 -0500From: JJReimer_at_coopertire.comTo: oracle-l_at_freelists.org We have a problem connecting to a database that we have not seen before, and I am wondering if any else has encountered it. OS: Windows2003 32-bit Database Version: 9.2.0.8 Only one Oracle Home on the box There are six databases running on this server. We can connect to five of them just fine. When setting ORACLE_SID to the problem SID, and trying "Connect sys as sysdba" we get "ORA-12546: TNS:permission denied" When we do "Connect sys_at_sidname as sysdba" it connects fine. Why would one database have a problem when the others all work?

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.