Re: RAC behavior - with Oracle JDBC Thin Driver - is this expected behavior?

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 08:39:00 +0300

TAF callbacks (FAILOVER_MODE) doesn't supported by JDBC connections. In order to implement failover with JDBC thin connections, you need to implement FCF (fast connection failover). Following are the few references that might help you to configure FCF for your JDBC connection failover:

Note 433827.1<https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=NOT&id=433827.1&blackframe=1> How
To Verify And Test Fast Connection Failover Setup From a JDBC Thin Client http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/java.102/b14355/fstconfo.htm#CIHJBFFC

Regards,

Jaffar

--
Best Regards,

Syed Jaffar Hussain
Oracle Certified Master (10g)
http://www.oracle.com/technology/ocm/shussain.html
Oracle ACE
http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=19297:4:1579866181463918::NO:4:P4_ID:126
OCP 8i,9i & 10g DBA
RAC Certified Expert
Official Oracle RAC SIG Representative for Saudi Arabian region  (
http://www.oracleracsig.org/)
I blog at
http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."