Does the Rman Catalog hold tape volume names?

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <"Mercadante,>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:02:09 -0500

I'm sure I saw this answer on the list before but just can't remember it.

Does the Rman catalog store the tape volume name that it is writing a backup to?

Oracle 10.2 and Tivoli Storage Manager.

I am trying to restore from a prior backup. The Rman catalog has the backup cataloged. But the Rman run fails and says:

RMAN-06023: no backup or copy of datafile 22 found to restore

RMAN-06023: no backup or copy of datafile 2 found to restore

RMAN-06023: no backup or copy of datafile 1 found to restore

I was able to restore from 2 days sooner (1/29 worked; 1/27 does not). I'm thinking that the tape may be offline or off site.

Does this make sense?

[] On Behalf Of
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 2:49 PM To:
Subject: RE: SQL*Plus Question

Well, I hope I can do everything I now can via SQL Developer.

Sqlplusw.exe is what I am referring two, and I seem to have gotten used to it. Like a linesize of 2000. Having scripts call scripts and spool and do os commands etc.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546

From: Niall Litchfield [] Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 4:13 PM
To: Patterson, Joel

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 8:47 PM, <> wrote:

Well, I'm sad to hear no SQL*Plus in 11g, (so you probably should get better with dbms_metadata).

C:\Documents and Settings\nlitchfield>sqlplus /nolog

SQL*Plus: Release - Production on Mon Feb 9 21:11:14 2009

Copyright (c) 1982, 2007, Oracle. All rights reserved.

SQL>   I suspect you may possibly mean no sqlplusw.exe, but that isn't a great loss.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA