Re: Oracle Installation on Windows

From: Bill Ferguson <wbfergus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:18:15 -0700

Bill -

I don't have documentation available, but starting with 10G, I ran into some Oracle problems with permissions when shelling out.

Starting with 10G, Oracle changed the security model when executing programs, so they don't know what the ENV settings are. The solution from Oracle Support was to create a new Windows account with all the permissions Oracle itself needed, then define the ENV settings, PATH, directory permissions, etc., then install Oracle.

Once I did this, then everything worked as it used to under 9i. All this came about since I use the routine at http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/8i/ShellCommandsFromPLSQL.php to execute a 'Move' command in a couple of my PL/SQL statements for my application.

You may be having a similar situation as I did, if your applications attempt to execute a Windows command.

Not sure if this helps or not.