Re: database migration

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:29:21 -0800

If you are on Oracle 10gR2, it is more easily to convert the database across platforms using RMAN. I have done this quite few times and succeeded. Regards,

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Haroon A. Qureshi <> wrote:

> Hello,
> We are doing a database migration from AIX to Linux. Our database is
> 600gb. Has anyone used the rman convert database method to migrate the
> database? Do you have any timings you can share, especially compared to
> expdp/impdp? Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of time to try it out
> myself.
> Thanks in advance!
> Haroon
> --

Best Regards,

Syed Jaffar Hussain
Oracle Certified Master (10g)
Oracle ACE
OCP 8i,9i & 10g DBA
RAC Certified Expert
Official Oracle RAC SIG Representative for Saudi Arabian region  (
I blog at
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."