Streams between different platforms (Big Endian / Little Endian)

From: Kyle Brokaw <>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:42:52 -0700

 I've been looking through the Streams manuals trying to find out if there are any problems implementing streams between Big Endian and Little Endian based platforms. So far all I can find is information about the database convert command in RMAN.

 Has anyone done this? Are there any problems with doing this? I wouldn't think there would be but I'd feel a lot better if someone else has tried this and seen it work.

 Kyle Brokaw
Database Team Manager
Intermountain Healthcare