Oracle Universal Installer Language

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 08:38:43 -0200

Well, the situation is rather simple... or not.

I have several systems which have the OS installed in a language I don't understand. When I try to run the OUI I get it in that language and even though I've performed a few dozen installations and could probably do it in my sleep by now, I do need to make sure I'm not installing the wrong thing.

It's even more complicated when it's an eastern language (japanese).

In unix systems I basically solve this with and environment variable (NLS_LANG, NLS_LANGUAGE, NLS_TERRITORY for those of you who wonder) but I have found no similar solution for windows systems.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much
Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Professional