Fw: RE: Can the Diag_Dest filesystem fill up??

From: patrick obrien <po04541_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 23:22:59 -0800 (PST)

Hello All,

Auditing is not turned on.
And redo and archiving is handled in 2 more separate filesystems. So, diag_dest is on its own.
Admittedly, adump holds *aud files; I really need to look closely at what those are.

/ The real problem is this; I clean out the *aud and *trc files and this darn filesystem will not release the space. Doing a 'du' shows something like 500Megs, df shows 2 Gigs.

Patrick.

  • On Sun, 2/8/09, Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com> wrote: From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com> Subject: RE: Can the Diag_Dest filesystem fill up?? To: cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com, po04541_at_yahoo.com Cc: "'Oracle L'" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Date: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 10:37 PM

And of course the file system being full wouldn't prevent re-writing the contents of the existing on line logs (not to be considered a recommendation to share .../diag/... and online logs, just acknowledging the possibility).

If arch is shared with /diag/, then that would get the archiver stuck. (again, not a recommendation). It might also mean that news that the archiver is stuck might not get printed. But if you were to share arch and diag, diag getting full should tip you off...

mwf