Re: Convert 2-node RAC to single instance

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 15:24:01 -0800 (PST)

Dan or anybody,

Do you think turning RAC option off is only done from a purist's point of view or it has performance or other benefit? I can't think of any benefit other than making the oracle binary smaller. But maybe code path is shorter for some operations when RAC is off.

If anybody has performance comparison without and with RAC option on (but cluster_database=false), I'd love to see.

Yong Huang