archive logs are not getting transferred to standby

From: nilesh kumar <>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 00:47:21 +0530

Hello All,

Good Afternoon!!
Hope Every one is doing great and preparing for the Weekend!!

I have a issue with the dataguard,

The logs are not gettitng transferred in the Standby database from the primary.

The screen shot of STDBY database is as below.

SQL> show parameter log_archive_dest_1;

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE

------------------------------------ -----------
log_archive_dest_1 string

log_archive_dest_10                  string
SQL> show parameter log_archive_dest_2;
NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE

log_archive_dest_2 string SERVICE=orcl1 LGWR ASYNC
                                                 ROLE) DB_UNIQUE_NAME=orcl1

how do I solve this problem ? I am using this for the first time. Even after doing the "alter system switch logfile"; I do not see any logs that are transferred to the standby.

How should i solve this problem...

Nilesh Soni
Oracle DBA--OCA 10g
Oracle is not a takes years of experiance :-) 9860584034