Re: Tracing an ORA-01410 error

From: Stefan Knecht <>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 13:29:09 +0100

If you're experiencing ORA-1401, but set the errorstack trace for ORA-1440 -- you will not see any information at all :)

The number you're putting into the alter session command has to be the number of the oracle-error you're getting. You'll see a tracefile with the stacktrace and the current sql statement executing (along with a whole lot of other information). Just try it out, no harm done:

alter session set events '942 trace name errorstack level 1';

select * from does_not_exist; -- this causes ora-942

then check your user_dump_dest for the tracefile.