Re: opitsk: network error occurred (error code 12571)

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 15:15:10 -0600 (CST)

Hi Nancy,

> We recently went live on a new third party system with an Oracle RAC
> backend. We have 5 nodes on Oracle 10.2.0.3 on Windows 2009 64bit. We have
> sporadic performance issues that we are trying to resolve and I am finding
> trace files frequently on node#1. The error message in the trace file is:

Did you mean "Windows 200*8* 64bit"?

> opitsk: network error occurred while two-task server trying to send break;
> error code = 12571

I hope with that kind of system that you have a support contract with Oracle. A MetaLink search did bring up an article or two about that, with one of those being a bug.

I also see on Metalink that 10.2.0.3 is not certified to run on Win2K8-64bit. Perhaps this is one of the reasons?

This seems like a Production system. Best to put in a Support call, especially since it's new.

GL!

Rich