RE: large dump file -send directly to tsm

From: Bobak, Mark <>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:20:52 -0500

I can confirm that. Oracle does not necessarily write sequentially, which eliminates the possibility of compression.....and I suppose direct to tape as well.

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies ProQuest
789 E. Eisenhower, Parkway, P.O. Box 1346 Ann Arbor MI 48106-1346
+1.734.997.4059 or +1.800.521.0600 x 4059<><><>

ProQuest...Start here.

From: [] On Behalf Of Jared Still Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 12:09 PM To: Jeremy Schneider
Subject: Re: large dump file -send directly to tsm

I've only just recently cracked the manual on DP, as I've never had any use for it until recently.

A comment I saw just last week was that on the fly compression cannot be used with DP.

That's heresay at this point AFAIAC, as I haven't even looked at it.

Jared Still

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 8:22 AM, Jeremy Schneider <<>> wrote: Jared Still wrote:
There has been quite a lot written about this over the years.

Here's one example: Just curious, anyone ever tried this with data pump export?