RE: large dump file -send directly to tsm

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:20:52 -0500

I can confirm that. Oracle does not necessarily write sequentially, which eliminates the possibility of compression.....and I suppose direct to tape as well.

-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies ProQuest

ProQuest...Start here.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jared Still Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 12:09 PM To: Jeremy Schneider
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: large dump file -send directly to tsm

I've only just recently cracked the manual on DP, as I've never had any use for it until recently.

A comment I saw just last week was that on the fly compression cannot be used with DP.

That's heresay at this point AFAIAC, as I haven't even looked at it.

Jared Still

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 8:22 AM, Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com<mailto:jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com>> wrote: Jared Still wrote:
There has been quite a lot written about this over the years.

Here's one example: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/bigexp.html Just curious, anyone ever tried this with data pump export?

-Jeremy

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Feb 04 2009 - 11:20:52 CST