Re: Convert 2-node RAC to single instance

From: bao jiejie <baojiejie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 20:50:16 +0800

Dan,

"There must be a fall back to the original RAC DB if performance suffers."

If we changed backup to single node, is that easy to handle this requirement?
Just change the cluster_database parameter and add undo and redo logs to the second node?

And ... Do we need relink oracle binary to off the rac option? like make -f ins_rdbms.mk rac on/off ??

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 6:02 PM, LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> No, that is a 10g feature so bad luck....
>

> --
> LSC
>

> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Tony Sequeira <tony_at_sequeira.org.uk>wrote:
>
>> Guillermo Alan Bort wrote:
>> > Consider using RMAN's switch to copy capability to minimize downtime
>> > Alan Bort
>> > Oracle Certified Associate
>> >
>> Is this available at the database level in 9iR2?
>>
>> --
>> S. Anthony Sequeira
>> ++
>> I dote on his very absence.
>> -- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
>> ++
>>
>> --

Best regards,
Yours sincerely House