Re: backup and recovery interview questions?

From: Dan Norris <>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 16:42:32 -0600

Not perfectly on topic, but if RAC is in scope, I always like to ask how crash recovery works in a cluster db. Particularly, when does it happen and what processes on which nodes are involved. This is also a good question to help determine who installed RAC once (and put it in their resume) versus those that have some understanding about how it works.

I don't think it is at all "nasty" to question applicants for their knowledge. They don't necessarily have to answer all correctly to pass the interview, though.