Re: Weird connectivity problem.

From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 22:01:23 +0100

Hi Alan,

even there is no entry in alert.log a heavy load might be thereason for these kind of problems:
pmon registers the service at the listener using the method shown in LOCAL_LISTENER. This is an ordinary tcp connection. Under heavy load anyone might miss some timings, so the listener will guess the pmon disappeared. In fact it did not disappear, just had no chance to grab a CPU.
Even I have never seen this situation in real live, I guess it's a valid explanation what happened.

hth,
  Martin

Am 30.01.2009 um 12:05 schrieb Guillermo Alan Bort:

> Alert log was clean, just a few log switches. Apparently the node was
> under a heavy load, but I doubt Oracle would break under pressure like
> that. OS is windows and there were no traces generated during the
> period.
>
> It's a single instance configuration (No rac).
>
> Thank you both.
> Alan Bort
> Oracle Certified Associate
>

> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 7:40 AM, Niall Litchfield
> <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd definitely be looking in the alert.log. As well as the other
>> remarks is this the default service for the db or a specifically
>> created one? The re-register seems very quick.
>>
>> On 1/29/09, Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>> This is a 10g database (10.2) monitored through Grid Control. Every
>>> once in a while we get a TNS timeout on the EM side, and at the same
>>> time we get something like this in the listener log:
>>>
>>> 02-JAN-2009 21:04:45 * service_update * fcrsgx * 0
>>> 02-JAN-2009 21:08:30 * service_update * fcrsgx * 0