Re: v$session question

From: Ram Raman <veeeraman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:45:02 -0600

Thank you Tom.

I would think that killing via oracle first is safer because oracle would roll back any work done. If done via OS first, will Oracle roll the transaction back and leave the database in a consistent state? If there is no entry in the V$transaction, then I think killing the process from the OS should be ok. Any corrections to this theory?