RE: 32K block size tablespace for indexes

From: Yavor Ivanov <Yavor_Ivanov_at_stemo.bg>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:56:50 +0200

	Tom Kyte wrote in his book that multiple blocksizes are intended only for Transportable Tablespace between databases with different blocksizes, period.
	I, personally, agree with this. Of course, there might be some extreme cases on databases with mixed workloads, where there are some OLAP-like  parts and some extreme OLTP parts. But in most cases the administration overhead is much bigger than the performance benefit. You can easily end up with over- or undersized db_XXk_cache_size and the database can't do anything about it. Then the performance will be better in some parts of the day and worse later on.
	But... never say never. Maybe your DB is that rare case where having multiple blocksizes helps a lot

Regards,
Yavor Ivanov