Re: GridControlAgent on Debian

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:41:56 -0600 (CST)

Hey Martin,

Off the original topic, my case was not the removal of the agent, but the repair of the OMS Repository that the agent may have caused.

In my case, Oracle Support recommended that I run 1700 queries *manually* to aid them. When I pointed out multiple times the multiple fallacies of this approach, I was directed to run the "repvfy" command from the EM Diag kit. The specific command I ran not only erased any trace of what may have caused my initial problem, but it also effectively wiped my metric history (I forget to what extent).

But thanks for the pointers! I'm sure I'll be needing to do that someday...

Rich