Re: GridControlAgent on Debian

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:55:26 -0600 (CST)

Hi Ingrid,

> This is just some non essential tinkering with our
> monitoring systems. Not worth taking too much trouble,
> but I would be grateful if there were a simple solution.

I, too, would be grateful for anything simple when it comes to Grid Control, much less a solution for an unsupported platform.

Use caution if this test node is to be added to your production OMS. I had issues with a production agent which apparently scrambled something in my OMS Repository. The "fix" from Oracle Support ended up wiping out my metric history, which is the major reason for me to use Grid Control.

Good luck!

Rich