Re: GridControlAgent on Debian

From: Bill Zakrzewski <bill_at_intactus.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:50:31 -0500

Instead of using the -ignoreSysPrefs switch you can edit the file that contains the release information. I have not used debian, but redhat has a file named redhat-release in the /etc directory.

Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 7)

When I installed oracle on RH 5, I edited the file to show RH 4 (see above) that way it performed all of the other checks for missing libraries...some I had to ignore because they no longer existed, but at least I could decide to ignore each one individually.

-Bill